Outdoor bean bags in Australia have become a popular choice for outdoor seating and relaxation. These soft and comfortable bean bags are designed for outdoor use and are made from durable materials that can withstand the elements. They come in different sizes, shapes, and colors to suit different needs and preferences. However, like any other outdoor furniture, outdoor bean bags have their advantages and disadvantages. In this blog post, we will explore some of the pros and cons of outdoor bean bags.
Advantages of Outdoor Bean Bags:
- Comfortable Seating: Outdoor bean bags are designed to provide comfortable seating. They are soft and supportive, and they conform to your body, making them an excellent choice for outdoor relaxation.
- Versatile: Outdoor bean bags are versatile and can be used in various outdoor spaces such as patios, decks, balconies, and gardens. They are also portable and easy to move around.
- Durable: Outdoor bean bags are made from a range of materials to suit every situation. The high end outdoor bean bags are made from highly durable materials that can withstand the harsh elements in Australia. They are resistant to water, sun, and other pollutants in the air, making them a good investment for outdoor use.
- Easy to Clean: Outdoor bean bags are easy to clean and maintain. Most bean bags can be cleaned with a damp cloth, and higher end bean bags like our Olefin range come with removable covers that can be washed in a washing machine.
- Affordable: Outdoor bean bags are an affordable option for outdoor seating. They are often cheaper than other outdoor furniture options and provide comfortable seating at an affordable price. There is usually a choice of fabrics as well that can suit any budget – but be sure to make sure you choose the right fabric for where you want to use your bean bags
Disadvantages of Outdoor Bean Bags:
- Susceptible to Mould and Mildew: Outdoor bean bags can be susceptible to mold and mildew if not properly cared for. They can absorb moisture from the air and can become damp if left out in the rain. This can lead to mould and mildew growth, which can be difficult to remove. Higher end fabric, like our outdoor bean bags made from Sunproof Olefin have anti-mould and mildew properties which can reduce this problem.
- Not Suitable for All Weathers: While outdoor bean bags are designed to withstand outdoor elements, extreme weather conditions such as heavy rain, and extreme heat can damage them. We recommend storing them under cover when not in use. This will prolong the life of your bean bag.
- Not as Sturdy as Other Outdoor Furniture: Outdoor bean bags are not as sturdy as other outdoor furniture such as wooden benches or metal chairs. They are designed for comfort rather than maximum durability, and they may not be suitable for heavy use or for people who need extra support.
- Maintenance: Just as you need to clean and maintain your other outdoor furniture, outdoor bean bags require maintenance to keep them in good condition. This includes cleaning and storing them when not in use. As mentioned previously, failure to do so can lead to the growth of mould, mildew, or stains that can be difficult to remove.
In conclusion, outdoor bean bags Australia have their advantages and disadvantages. While they provide comfortable and affordable seating options for outdoor spaces, they require maintenance, are not as durable as other outdoor furniture, and are susceptible to mould and mildew growth. However, with proper care and maintenance, outdoor bean bags can be a great investment for outdoor relaxation and entertainment. And by buying an outdoor bean bag, you can use it indoors and outdoors, unlike those designed just for indoor use.